christinek71

Christine's Reads

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire This is about a 3.5 star read for me.

Apparently, this is either 'love or hate' type of book. In looking at the reviews, there are very few middle of the road ratings.

I can appreciate the storyline and, keeping in mind the ages of the hero/heroine, enjoyed the story. If these were adults (i.e. no longer in college - - late 20s), I would have thrown this book across the room.
However, looking back to my own relationships when I was that age, I get the whole drama-filled angst that was going on.

Also, in keeping with the fact that this is a story - - I'm not saying I would want it in real life - - I kind of enjoyed the hero, Travis. He was obsessive, possessive, controlling and in love with the heroine.

She started off with the 'I don't want to have anything to do with you' attitude, but this slowly changed. The hero did try to take care of her. Of course, he didn't always go about it the right way. And he had a short-fuse, ready to jump on anyone that looked at her wrong.

The story did suck me in and I had several 'eye roll' moments while reading, but it is a story and the main characters were in their late teens/early twenties. So, their actions fit.